We are pleased to say the event on 25th February was a success! The Homes of Our Own partners were really glad to welcome so many attendees and the team are now following up with detailed discussions in several towns and villages, across Wiltshire and Swindon.
Many thanks to the guest speakers from Seend Community Land and Asset Trust and White Horse Housing Association. Thanks also go to our partners Community First for introducing the event, to all our in-house experts for responding to many excellent questions, and to all the Homes of Our Own team for contributing and making it such a success.
In case you could not attend, or would like a recap, the questions asked during the event have been translated into a frequently asked questions page which can be found with the presentations in the resources area of our website.
At the event Homes of Our Own’s new grant funding programme for new and emerging groups was announced and we will be actively promoting this throughout April. We are really pleased to launch this set-up funding which will be available to groups that have not received funding from previous community led housing grant programmes in Wiltshire and Swindon.
The grants are to cover community led housing project set-up costs, up to £2,000, including but not limited to:
- Forming a community organisation;
- Training sessions for members of the management team;
- Registration fees for the use of online meeting platforms such as Zoom;
- Costs associated with community engagement, member recruitment and project consultation, including publicity materials;
- Costs of incorporation, membership of a national body, registration with the Financial Conduct Authority, registration with the Information Commissioner’s Office and insurance.
More detail of the Start-Up Grant can be found resources area of our website. Groups who wish to apply for the funding, administered by Wiltshire Council, can do so between April and December 2021 and should email CommunityLedHousing@wiltshire.gov.uk for an application form and terms and conditions.