Getting started: Support for new groups
If you are thinking about being involved in the delivery of Community Led Housing, you will firstly need to form a group of people who are also keen to get involved.
The Homes of Our Own team can help you to determine your vision, aims and objectives – who your group are and what you want to do. The team can support you in:
- Hosting events and recruiting new members;
- Promoting groups, building their profiles through broad and diverse community engagement;
- Help define the group’s vision and objectives;
- Developing a communication and community engagement strategy;
- Identifying the housing need in your area;
- Exploring group structure options;
- Considering the appropriate legal format for your group;
- Formulating a business plan;
- Support with producing key documents, policies and proceedures;
- Identifying and applying for funding to set up your group;
- Facilitating networking with established groups.
Get in touch with our team to find out how we could help you establish a new community-led housing group.
Get the latest news and updates from Homes of Our Own